Sleep for Success Pillow Review
Do you feel like you don’t sleep as well as you should? If so, then you have that in common with so many other people on this planet. You either can’t fall asleep, or you’re restless during the night. And that can reflect poorly on your overall health.
One of the things that can make you sleep better is using the right pillow. The Sleep for Success Pillow by Dr. Mass is one of the best pillows you can find. If a renowned sleep expert endorsed it, you know it comes with great features.
In this article, you’ll find a double Sleep for Success Pillow review and learn about the side sleeper and the back/stomach sleeper pillow.
Who Is Dr. James Maas?
Did you ever hear the term “power nap”? You probably have, and if you’re a busy person, you may often put it into practice. Dr. James Mass, an American social psychologist and former professor at Cornell University, coined the term that’s now widely accepted around the world.
But he became familiar to the public through his work on sleep research. He’s also on the board of the American Sleep Association. His work during the 60s helped make breakthrough discoveries and offered profound insights into the science of sleep. He wrote a best-selling book titled “Sleep for Success,” which served as the inspiration for several sleep products, including these two pillows.
Dr. Maas believes that people simply don’t sleep enough nowadays, and that having enough good quality sleep is an essential part of a healthy, functioning society. In his book, he also discusses why it’s become so difficult to achieve healthy sleep, and what it means for your body when you’re chronically sleep-deprived.
Sleep for Success Side Sleeper Pillow Review
Have you heard of a fabric called Tencel? Or maybe you’ve heard it referred to as Lyocell? It’s a fantastic fiber that’s completely natural because it’s made from the eucalyptus pulp. Only eco-friendly solvents are used to produce it, and the result is a buttery soft fabric that feels somewhere between silk and rayon bamboo. And, you guessed it, it’s used to make Sleep for Success Pillows.
Filled with 400 thread Tencel or cotton, the whole idea behind this pillow is to enhance the quality of your sleep. Throughout the night, it’s going to keep you cool, and your pillow dry. If you’re someone who sleeps really hot or has issues with night sweats, the Sleep for Success Pillow could be just the thing you’re looking for. As there’s nothing worse than continually waking up at night and flipping your pillow over.
There are many reasons why side sleepers will love this pillow
- It’s designed specifically for side sleepers. It has just enough proportionally distributed filling to keep every side sleeper feeling cozy.
- It makes slipping off the pillow while you sleep more difficult. Side sleepers often struggle with this issue. A Sleep for Success Pillow keeps your head supported all through the night due to the structure and bounciness it provides.
- It also provides the shoulder and neck support they need. What’s more, the filling will remain fluffed and is easily adjustable. This means you get to hug and squeeze your Sleep for Success Pillow without it losing its shape.
- Due to the excellent moisture-wicking properties of the fabric, it’s a pillow for every season. You can use it all year long, in any climate.
- It helps you fall asleep easier. Especially for people who live busy lives and have a hard time decompressing.
- You get a 10-year warranty, which is a lot for a pillow since most get thrown out before that. It shows that the manufacturer has a lot of faith in their product, which is reassuring.
- It gives you that premium feel of a top-quality pillow.
- A Sleep for Success Pillow isn’t an exceptionally thick pillow. So, if that’s what you were expecting, you might be a little bit disappointed. That’s how it was designed though, and after several days or weeks of use, you’ll very likely get used to that, and perhaps even love it more.
- The price tag associated with a Sleep for Success Pillow is higher than most pillows in this category. It’s certainly an investment, but it’s also a pillow supported by sleep scientists. Still, it’s not for everyone’s budget. Especially, if you want the whole household to use it.
Sleep for Success Back/Stomach Sleeper Pillow Review
Like the Sleep for Success Side Sleeper pillow, the version for people who sleep on their back or stomach also has the 400-thread count Tencel fiber filling. But the cover contains premium quality weaved cotton. The Tencel and cotton combination gives that wonderful and effective management of temperature and airflow. All of which ensures a comfortable, uninterrupted night’s sleep.
The pillow also provides a medium level of support for those who sleep on their back or stomach. And its moisture-wicking properties offer excellent temperature regulating features. With Dr. Maas endorsed products, the emphasis is on achieving minimum interruptions while you sleep. And that’s what the Sleep for Success Pillow does so well.
Experts often debate on which sleeping position is the healthiest for you. But even though there are disagreements, one’s sleeping position is difficult to alter. In order to avoid back pain, headaches, and all kinds of discomfort, opting for a well-suited pillow and mattress are essential. The wrong pillow will likely make your pain worse, and that’s going to reflect poorly on your health.
There’s a lot to love about this amazing pillow.
- It has a tri-chambered design of a pillow that’s optimally shaped for the needs of back and stomach sleepers. The center chamber is very soft and it provides an excellent cradling sensation for your head.
- It also has a firm outer chamber to support your neck correctly and remove any possibility of developing neck pain.
- The texture feels plushy and plump but also retains the necessary firmness to provide that support.
- It offers excellent spine alignment to back and stomach sleepers.
- Even some side sleepers will benefit from this pillow made for people who sleep on their back or their stomach. Here’s how – just place it between your knees and you’ll feel the extra comfort
- Great pillow for back sleepers to put under their knees, as it provides excellent lumbar pain relief.
- You also get a 10-year warranty for the back and stomach Sleep for Success Pillow, and the good news is that you’re likely going to be using it for a long time.
- If back and stomach sleepers want this pillow, they’ll have to embrace quality together with the price tag. Just like side sleepers. It’s an investment, but one that’s very likely to pay off.
Caring for Your Sleep for Success Pillow
One of the best things about this pillow is that it’s genuinely low-maintenance and effortless to clean. You can simply throw the whole pillow in the washing machine. And there’s nothing quite like the feeling of freshness you get when you place your head on a newly washed pillow. You can also tumble dry it. But remember to do it at a low temperature for 2-3 cycles, just to be absolutely sure that the Tencel filling is dry.
For smaller cleanups, you can use some warm water and non-abrasive detergent. Also, even though you don’t need a pillowcase with a Sleep for Success pillow, it’s not a bad idea to put one from time to time. That way, you can ensure that it won’t get dirty.
How to Pick a Pillow for Side Sleepers
If you’re a side sleeper, like so many people around the world, having a pillow designed for your preferred sleeping position can make all the difference. Here are a few things to consider when picking out a pillow for a side sleeper.
Unsurprisingly, the material matters a lot. This will vary greatly, depending on your price range, and personal preferences. As a rule, good side sleeping pillows are made from latex, gel memory foam, or materials like down or feathers.
Shredded all-natural latex pillows are an excellent choice for side sleepers. Especially if the cover is made from organic cotton or Tencel. The down and faux down pillows are also very squishy and huggable side sleepers’ favorites.
Size & Shape
Beware. Don’t make the mistake of buying a pillow that’s wrong for you simply by miscalculating the size. Or what shape is most optimal for your needs. Shape-wise, most pillows either have an even or a curved surface.
The even surfaces are much more widely used. Whereas the curved surface is usually reserved for memory foam pillows that work great for people with neck pain, or those in need of extra pain relief. Side sleepers can benefit from either shape, it’s just a matter of personal preference.
And when it comes to size, that depends on several factors. First, your own size, then the size of your bed, and whether or not you’re sharing the bed with someone else. Most pillows range anywhere from small to king-size, and you can also get full-body pillows.
Side sleepers care a lot about the loft or thickness of the pillow they sleep on. There are usually three categories here:
For comfort, side sleepers are likely to enjoy the medium or high group While lower loft pillows could lead to increased neck and shoulder pain.
How to Pick a Pillow for Back and Stomach Sleepers
Back and stomach sleepers have different needs when it comes to pillows and mattresses. The final result is meant to be the same with side sleepers – sleeping comfortably, soundly, and painlessly. Here are a few factors to consider when searching for the perfect pillow for back and stomach sleepers.
How easily does the pillow you use follow the natural contour of your body? Especially when it comes to your neck and head? – which is essential for back and stomach sleepers. If your neck hurts every time you move your head while you sleep, that likely means you’re using the wrong pillow. A malleable pillow adjusts to the shape of your neck and head, and it also does a great job keeping its original form.
Back and stomach sleepers are probably not going to enjoy a pillow that’s too firm. And that also means that the thickness of the pillow should be on the lower level. Therefore, the best way to go is to look for a pillow that offers medium firmness and medium support. Otherwise, back and stomach sleepers risk developing stiffness in their necks.
This factor applies to pillows designed for all types of sleepers. And it’s a significant consideration, especially if you’re making a decision to invest in a better-quality pillow like the Sleep for Success Pillow. It’s important to pay attention to how easy it is to care for it, whether there’s a warranty or not, and how long it lasts.
And the material plays a significant role here too. If you purchase latex or memory foam pillows, they’re going to retain their shape longer and be more resistant to wear and tear. Pillows made from bamboo or down are going to flatten much sooner and are generally less durable.
Sleep for Success Pillow of Your Dreams
This Sleep for Success Pillow Review emphasized (twice over) just how much your sleeping position matters when picking the right pillow. Thankfully, so many bedding brands have realized this, and the market is flooded with excellent choices, like the Sleep for Success Pillow.
In addition, they’ve thought of all types of sleeper groups – back, stomach, side – so no one is left out. Even combination sleepers will love these pillows. Granted, they are pricier but come with a 10-year warranty and a set of easy-to-follow cleaning instructions. It’s also comforting to know that a sleep expert believes that this pillow can help you sleep better. And you can always consult Dr. James Maas’ book for more information. We hope this sleep for success pillow review has been helpful. Here’s to many a good night’s sleep in the future.